Email is an awesome tool for reaching out to your customer base. While it seems simple- create an email or newsletter and send it out to a huge list of current and potential customers-- mass emailing can go massively wrong. Like everything else in internet marketing, successful email marketing takes time and strategy.
What are the benefits of using mass email for marketing?
Email marketing is one of the fastest and most affordable ways of reaching your customer base. It's perfect for any size business because it allows you to reach your contacts instantaneously with the information you want them to know. Some of the advantages are obvious, while others are less obvious and include:
- The emails can be tailored to any audience
- Not hindered by printing cost
- Open rates can be tracked
- Success rates are easily measured
- Can be stored and managed
- Can add attachments, links, or pictures
- Accessible anytime anywhere from mobile devices
Why Mass Emailing Goes Wrong
Before setting out on your email marketing campaign it helps to know how they go wrong. Too often, marketing emails fail because they are not delivered correctly. When bulk email protocols are not followed, they can end up in spam folders or worse, get your business banned from different servers. Trust us, you do not want this to happen.
Easy Solutions for Email Marketing Problems
No one form of marketing is the perfect fit for every company. Email marketing however, is a near fit for most. If you are considering email marketing, consider these options:
- Hire a company that specializes in mass email
- Seek advice from your server host about the emailing limit to keep your reputation straight
- Use social media to reach customers with information about your shop and promotions, without having to send an email at all